Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Post Covet Follow Up.

Remember when I was waxing covetous about a Brooke Van Gory Diaper Bag?
I don't remember if I ever got around to telling you that I bought one.
I did.
Not too long after my covety post I saved up and bought one. I went back and forth on the print for the outers and ultimately decided it should match my blog. You know, because it's rainbow paisley.

I tossed what I had left of the material, after making my pouch sling out of it, in a used Tyvek mailer and dropped it off at her house, because we were driving past on a road trip, and I hate spending extra on postage when a two minute detour can save it. Of course, I'm socially broken, so I set it in her door and texted her afterwards.  
See? Pretty.
What I love the most about my Brooke Van Gory bag, other than it's spaciousness, is Brooke's attention to detail. I've tweeted about it, I've Facebooked about it, I'm always impressed by it though. And knowing me so well, without even my asking, she did rainbow stitches, because she knew I heart the rainbows, and it's the perfect accent.

Pretty rainbow details on the inside.

Pretty rainbow details on the outside.

Here it is, overfull of toys while JabberWalky plays in the sitting room of our local performing arts center.
Not the best picture in the world, but you can see where the brilliant wet bag clips to the outside so I don't waste internal space on stinky diapers.


 I've had my BVG about six months now, and I still love it.  I went with the up-sized Expedient Weekender, and I love it, but I have to say, unless you travel a lot, which we do, or you're rockin' two in diapers, i'd recommend going with the standard size.
Now, I don't expect you have time to get one of these sweet bags, which she makes with materials specifically sourced from the USA whenever possible, for Christmas, unless you order it nowishly, but it sure would be a lovely way to greet the new year.

Disclaimer- Nobody is givin' me anything to post this, I just thought some of you might like to know that I coveted, I acquired, and I love, just like I thought I would.


1 comment:

Mama Campbell said...

your bag is absolutely beautiful!! I covet her bags too & cannot wait until we get our tax refund check next year. hubster PROMISED I could get one with it (seeing as I, you know, carried and birthed our beautiful tax deductions...err...children!). ;o)