Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Ko-Fi?

 One of my good friends, artist John Sumrow, fantasy illustrator extrordinaire and all around brilliant self-promoter without being creepy about it, just pointed out a nifty new site today, called ko-fi.

I'm more of a tea kind of gal, but I'm not going to argue if someone wants to buy me a cuppa. It's a site I wasn't familiar with, but, much like a blog, it's a platform ya'll can follow along on, and like Patreon, it gives followers a chance to toss a coin to their creators. Unlike most sites, apparently they don't take a cut from every donation, so that's nice. Instead, they make their money off of offering a paid level creator account that allows a more patreon-like experience. So, I decided to give it a go.

If you want to check out my ko-fi page, follow the moth. 

I think it's set that a cuppa jo is three shiny dollars in my paypal account. I know, right? Schmancy. 

For the rest of you creators out there, you might wanna give the site a gander and see if it suits your needs. As my friend John pointed out earlier, he mostly just signed up to secure his name on the platform. Well, check and mark. 

Have a great day, everybody. 




No comments: