Monday, February 22, 2021

I made a thing.

 Not too many sleeps ago, Shutterfly was looking at me with seductive come hither eyes, and when it closed them, I saw that it had busted out the waterproof eyeliner and written 50% off on it's eyelids. I mean, how can a woman resist that? Well, the answer is, by having the checkout feature on the cart break down and try kill the mood. But, that eyeliner was on point, and once I'm seduced, I don't easily seducen't. So yeah, I contacted the powers that be, they contacted the engineers, and helped me and that sale find ourselves someplace a little more private. 

I ordered some notecards for writing to my grandmother, who recently went into a new assisted living arrangement, and I'm told some women there compare the cards they receive like Yu-gi-oh cards. Mongoosine and I were joking, "I put a card from my niece in defense position," says Muriel, leaning on the table. "Well," sneers Betty, "I have a three-page letter from my grandson, and I'm putting it in attack position!"

Now, you might have noticed that two of these cards seem to have been printed upside down. It didn't escape my notice, and I'm a bit perplexed. Nonetheless, I'm pretty happy with them. I'm going to send her one of each of the cover designs I created for the books I have out, so bottom 1, 3, and 4. The second one on the bottom is a design that is still in progress. That way I can show her what I'm working on without her having to read the horror/romance peculiar whatnot that might be too scandalous. I can just imagine the horrified look during that one naughty cryptid bit. It's not a great look. So I will keep to summaries and artwork.

It's one thing tell her"it's a story about a girl who moves to an island far from home and gets tangled up in the plans of eldritch monster while falling in love with someone she meets there, even though he's definitely hiding something from her," and another thing to have her read the parts with  cryptid couplings, the pickled eyes, and the ever climbing body count alongside the degradation of moral true north. 

So yeah, say goodbye to Exodia, Grandma's gonna be playing book cover cards in attack position.



No comments: