Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Footfall, by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle


FootfallFootfall by Larry Niven
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Two of my favorite literary themes combine in Footfall: survivalism and first contact.
I enjoy books about first contact because each one envisions a different reason for contact, and the myriad ways in which humanity, as a group entity, is likely to meet that cultural challenge.  In Footfall, humanity falls into two different and distinct categories in the face of an alien race bent on conquest.
Imagined with realistic characters and an almost ridiculous yet remarkable believable alien race which sidesteps the standard humanoid alien stereotype, Footfall affords the reader the opportunity to redraw their notions of what may be out there, the bounds of human ingenuity and determination.
I really enjoyed Footfall.


View all my reviews

No comments: