Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Amazing

It always amazes me how quickly new love seemed to give way to comfortable companionship, and that thrill of seeing someone smile at you became something easily filtered into the inconsequential mundanities that might go unnoticed if skipped.
That said, today, while walking back from putting the grocery cart away, I saw my toddler watching me and smiling, and I realized I saw smiling back with the type of smile that goes all the way to your toes. That's right, he's two and his smiles still send me over the moon with joy.
I'm grateful some things don't wear off.

Sent from the TARDIS Intergalactic Temporal Mobile Service

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turn around twice and they're teenagers, and then you only feel "over the moon" when they remember to pick up their dirty socks and stop smarting off.

Grandma