Monday, April 25, 2011

Review: Agoo Leg Huggers

Back in 2009 I fell in love with Agoo Leg Huggers.  Not the creepy way, but we do love them around here.  I wrote about it here.
This spring I had the opportunity to review a pair from the new spring line (the adorable Kick Back Leg Huggers), and I was more than excited.  So, with no more ado, let's cut to the cuteness.

 They may be soccer-tastic, but he wanted to play music instead of with balls.


That said, he also thought climbing would be a great idea.

And sitting around and surveying his kingdom, you know, regular toddler stuff.




What I love about them:


They're long enough to cover his long toddler legs.
They're super soft.


They're made of sustainably harvested BAMBOO. According to their website "It is also hypoallergenic, and its organic, natural fiber properties make it non-irritating to even the most sensitive skin. Bamboo apparel also protects you from UV rays, naturally." 


They're prefect for sunny yet windy days when it's *almost* shorts weather, but not quite.


Great for cool days when you need to cover those last few inches of baby leg for baby wearing with pants that ride up.


They protect those little knees from rug burn when they're crawling and rolling, scraping, and bumping around. 


As I pointed out back in 2009-
"They keep my baby's legs warm. Even when it's fluffy change time. I don't know about you, but when I'm trying to change Snapdragon's diaper in the middle of the night, my goal is to avoid rousing him any more than absolutely necessary. Cold tends to be one of those "I'M AWAKE, WHAT DO YOU WANT!" sorta influences, and I try my best to avoid it."






What I would change about them:
Well, I think they need more non-pink and floral prints.  The selection feels a tiny bit skewed to the girly, but that's okay, because the neuter gendered prints are adorable.  I particularly like the stripes and animals.


I also think that the leg bands could do to accommodate a slightly chunkier thigh.  They fit my son quite comfortably, but he's skinny, and I wonder if they'd be quite as comfy on chunky thighs. Perhaps I should send a pair to his super-chunky thighed cousin.... 
Nice and snug.

 Not too snug.

This is how his Leg Huggers fit him last year-
I think they were actually snugger last year, because he used to be a chunker.


Bottom line:

I like em.  
They have a somewhat higher price point than their SAHM competitors, but it's a good product, well made, and I've had a lot of leggings by different companies come apart over the last year or so, and our blue army man ones are still going strong.

Want some?
Check out the Agoo Leg Huggers website, and find a pair or two that are perfect for the little one in your life.  While you're there, check out the other great active wear Agoo makes, and see how well they can outfit your kids!















Disclaimer:  I received one free pair of leggings for my toddler to wear so I could honestly review them for the purposes of this blog post. I was not compensated in any other way, though I'm sure my toddler's knees thank me.

No comments: