Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Appropriate Dress.

What makes an outfit appropriate or not appropriate for a tween?
Well, I'll tell you right now, that I generally try to be pretty open minded about what my kid wears, but I draw the line at two big stars on her chest in places that are intended to draw untoward attention, and tiny little tank tops that cover neither all of her belly, nor enough of the top with their little low cut spaghetti stringy ness.
Skin tight is a no no too.  So short it shows your undies? Out.
No belly shiners, ta-ta-touters, or panty peepers.

Right this moment, she "hates me," isn't "speaking to me," and I'm the "meanest mom in the world."

So, just wondering, where do you draw the lines?

4 comments:

Brenna @ Almost All The Truth said...

I don't think you are being too mean at all! I am luckily a few years away from having teenagers, but I have been told over and over again that it is good for teens to push boundaries, just as it is good for you to keep them in place. Good luck mama!

Slee said...

Thanks, Brenna. I'm a little concerned that this is goin gto be harder than I expected... fun times.

michaelhowardcohen said...

I think that is about right. I would not allow any of those things. I am very mean and do not allow those things in my toddler either. My MIL bought Big Sister a halter top and a mini skirt and Hubby looked at it and said "No daughter of mine is wearing that."

Two piece swim suits are not necessarily out to me but string bikinis and other teeny tiny ones are.

Slee said...

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that there are still firm lines of propriety in in this world.