Monday, November 08, 2010

Mix Tapes and Love Songs

So there's this fabric out there that's a total blast from my past- a bright take on pastels and cluttered with Mix Tapes. 
'80s much? 


Well, I love it.
I love it on diapers. 

Love it on diaper bags.



Love it on blankets.

Love it.
Currently am planning to make a blankie out of it for Jabber Walky for Christmas.  Love it love it love it.

I love it because it reminds me of being a kid and sitting by the radio to record my favorite songs and singing them into the clunky microphone, then erasing them in embarassment. That, and all the mix tapes boys with crushes gave me. ♥

I repeat, I love mix tapes.  I love listening to carefully picked songs designed to tell someone something.

I think, if I had to pick just five love songs to put on a mix tape, they'd be these ones.

Moondance- Michael Buble
Love Song - Tori Amos
Everything I do - Brian Adams
Ich Liebe Dich-  Schubert
Year Without Rain - Selena Gomez (yeah, I've got kids and an ear worm)




What would you pick?

No comments: