Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pink Saturday: UFO

I love to quilt. my love of quilting is deep, wide, and abiding. This is one corner of a quilt I had begun to put together for my daughter about a year and a half ago. I was trying to decide which prints belonged together in each block, and how those blocks would relate to the rest of the colors.
I would lay the would be blocks out on my bed and spend hours arranging and rearranging them. My goal was to finish before the baby was born because I knew I wouldn't have much time to quilt with a new baby. Of course, when I'm pregnant I'm scatter brained and easily tired, so the quilt never got much farther than this before Snapdragon was born.
Well, it turns out I was right. I had no time to quilt with a new baby.
The problem is the ironing. I could, for a while, put Snapdragon in his sling and spend some quality time with my sewing machine. I could even get some cutting in, but alas, an iron is just too dangerous to be using while babywearing, and if you've ever pieced a quilt block, you know that they're pretty high-maintenance in terms of ironing.
Alas, this UFO is languishing between the pages of an old IKEA catalog (see, thy are good for something) and mocking me ever so quietly whenever I walk past.

Do you have any UFOs taunting you? Better still, any advice on how to create the time to get this project done?