Sunday, April 04, 2010

Felt Eggs Revisited.

My mother liked the idea of felt eggs so much, she did me one better. She decided to blow up the pattern, well, have me blow up the pattern, and then she cut them out with pinking shears so the seams could stay out and still be cute, thus avoiding the connundrum of how to close the seams. Then she took the scraps of felt and decorated them. I admit, I'm a little jealous of how fun hers turned out.
In way of felt Easter egg tutorial, she used a zig zag or straight stitch in contrasting thread colors to secure the decoration scraps to the felt egg shape before stitching the two egg cutouts together, leaving a small opening for stuffing which was then closed with her machine.
My mom is brilliant.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®