Sunday, March 28, 2010

Obsession & Birthday Cake

9 Mandala ATCs, colored pencil on card stock, Slee Fenton, 2006

I'm one of those people who gets interested in something and gets kinda myopic about it.
At the moment, other than Sock Monkeys!!!! I'm kinda obsessed with Artist Trading Cards.
I know. Nutty.
But I'm NOT THE ONLY ONE.
My daughter is obsessed with them too.
So here's my super secret plan that makes me hope she's not secretly following my blog:
I'm doing a ATC drive for her birthday.
What does this mean? It means I'm trying to help her grow her collection for her birthday, by asking people to make and send her an Artist Trading Card.
Woah, what's an Artist Trading Card?

They measure 2.5" x 3.5" (the size of a playing card or trading card) and are no more than 1/4" in depth. They are original artwork or prints in an edition. They can be fiber art, they can be paintings, they can be clay, or a collage, photographic, digital art, or some awesome multi media piece. I've even collected ones made of glass.

So why am I telling you?

Simple, I'm trying to get more people involved. :-)

So if you'd be interested in creating and sending Mongoosine an Artist Trading Card for her birthday, email me or leave a comment with your email addy so I can email you the details.

Think this is something you or your kids might enjoy? There's a GREAT group on yahoo for trading ATCs.



No comments: