Monday, October 12, 2009

Blue Monday: Kaleidoscope Quilting

Recently, Spouse and I went out of town. And what does any self respecting me do when she's cooped up in a hotel room with a small baby?

That's right. She' quilts.
My mom wants me to make her a quilt and she had picked out some Peacock fabric for it, and what do I do? I slice it into repeats, line up the various points of convergence within the design in all six layers, cut it into identical stacks of 6 layer stacks, then chop them into equilateral triangles.
I personally find it quite amazing how very much diversity there is in just one fabric.
I personally love the kaleidoscopic affect. Don't you?

For more Blue Monday, head on over to Smiling Sally.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

So cool. I have yet to tackle quilting....

Upstatemamma said...

It looks beautiful!

Bed Linen said...

This is gorgeous.