Monday, July 20, 2009

Body After Baby Challenge - Fit By Labor Day 2

Well, we're a week in, and I don't think I'm even a pound down. Still my flabby old too-big-for-my-pre-pregnancy-britches self.
I've been eating a little better. More salads with less salad dressing. I've been trying to be aware of my emotional eating and have been seeking other outlets than the inlet that is my mouth.
I've been walking til my feet want to trade me in nifty prizes instead of a crazy lady who walks them to death. But, I'm not getting very far with all of this. Spending a lot of time babysitting instead of doing the things i'd otherwise be doing doesn't help all that much.

But I have new motivation.

My daughter's annual checkup was today. She's ten years old and has gained at a nice normal rate on the growth chart, but she's skyrocketed on the weight chart. So much so that her doctor was talking to her about weight management techniques like cutting back on junkfood one junk at a time, increasing movement, decreasing television, and possibly considering portion reassessment if just cutting back junk and moving the junk in her trunk doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I could have cried then and there. Sure, I know she's not skinny, yes she's bigger than I was, but the child is ten years old and it breaks my heart that she's already fighting this weight beastie. So I NEED to move more. I NEED to eat better. This isn't about me anymore. This is about my one and only babygirldoll. My Mongoosine. And she deserves to be able to look at her mother and expect something other than to grow up to be, at best, overweight.

2 comments:

Upstatemamma said...

Oh man! I am sorry mama!!! My family and I need to eat better too.

Amy said...

Ugh, I don't even really know what to say. You did well not to cry. I'd be a bawling mess.

Have you heard of the 30-Day Shred? It's a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels (from The Biggest Loser). It's hard (HARD!), but it's only 20 mins. Your daughter might like to do it with you. It's only 20 minutes!!