Friday, June 14, 2013

Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre by Brett L. Markham - A Review

Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 AcreMini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre by Brett L. Markham

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


There are many parts of this book that I feel needed to go into greater depth, but at other moments, Markham breaks down processes in ways that other books I've read on the topic fail to. I appreciate that Markham expects his readership to be tech-literate and rather than repeating everyone else's research, supplies suggestions as to where we can find the information we may want in a convenient manner. At times it felt like I was reading a personal blog more than a guide to mini-farming, and the extremely casual tone could, at times be off-putting, I still found, on the whole, the information was useful and I learned enough from this book that it was more than worth my time investment.
That said, I don't plan to be the "crazy chicken lady," so that bit of advice was wasted on me.

No comments: