Friday, May 10, 2013

The Clockwork Prince, by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


In the Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, the characters truly blossom, taking on an emotional gravity that the first book in the Infernal Devices series failed to attain. Watching the slow unfolding of Will Herondale's back story alone made this book a worthwhile read. I enjoyed the treatment of the era much more deeply than in the first book.
The Clockwork Prince made me optimistic and impatient for the third in the series, and encouraged me to pick up more of Clare's work.
If you were lukewarm about The Clockwork Angel, give the series a second chance, it definitely improves as it grows.



View all my reviews

No comments: