Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gardening with Toddlers

"I want to HELP you! I want to do it! Let me do it!"
Sound familiar? If you're the parent or caregiver of a toddler, it probably does. This desire to help is one of the most endearing and frustrating things we encounter multiple times a day.
Yes, of course I want you to be able to do it, but I do not want to have you well-meaningly destroy my hard work.
It turns out, there is a solution.
Help him or her grow his/her OWN garden. It doesn't take much, a little pot with that last flower or seedling that didn't fit anywhere else. If it doesn't survive the excessive care of an over-zealous watering, at least the toddler got to try to help, right?
You'll be amazed at how proud the little one will be of their own very special plant.

0 reflections: