By the time I finish writing this, I will be turning thirty-two.
It probably feels a lot like thirty still, which, surprisingly, feels a lot like twenty-three. I will wake up in a few minutes to nurse my toddler, then go back to sleep until I absolutely must be up, just like I did yesterday, just like I'll do tomorrow, just like I did a year ago today. I suppose the difference will be that it's also going to be Thanksgiving, so there will be extra cooking to prepare immediately upon waking. Who am I kidding, I'm not cooking a dang thing tomorrow. I baked today and it can all be reheated by someone else tomorrow.
So, in honor of turning thirty-two, I'm going to share thirty-two spiffy things that I've seen, done, been involved with, etc, building on last years list.
1. Created Human Life. Twice.
2. Edited and published an anthology.
3. Sang in an Opera. Twice.
4. Ate dinner with Benazir Bhutto.
5. Wrote a novel in November. Thrice.
6. Wrote a screenplay in June. Twice.
7. Learned to quilt.
8. Wrote a novel in a weekend.
9. Fell in love.
10. Got married.
11. Breastfed my son.
12. Learned how to play the piano.
13. Learned to ask for help when I need it.
14. Sang my way to my AA, studying music.
15. Earned my BA in history, my worst subject.
16. Joined a fraternal organization.
17. Learned to TYPE.
18. Composed music that wasn't awful.
20. Swam in the Ocean.
21. Reclaimed my sense of self.
22. Conquered my fear of roller coasters.
23. Experienced a tornado from the inside.
24. Became a human lightning rod.
25.Learned to ride a bike at the age of:
26. Saw a water spout stop at a stop light, wait for it to turn green, and continue on it's way.
27. Learned to sew.
28. Had my artwork displayed in museums.
29. Survived a mild stroke.
30. Discovered the power of *friends*
31. Saved a life.
32. Taught a new generation how to sew.
It's been a great year, I hope yours was too, and that the next one is even better.