Friday, November 04, 2011

Do You NaNo?

If you don't already know, it's National Novel Writing Month!
Worldwide, thousands upon thousands of ersatz authors and wordmavens are flexing their frontal lobes, and fingertips, in a full on writing whilrwind- 50,000 (or more) words, in just 30 days.  Of course, we're four days in, but that doesn't mean it's too late to start.  The second year I participated, I didn't start until ten days from the finish, and I still managed to win, so if you haven't already signed up, now would be a great time to do so.

It's a fun thing for the whole family to do.  This year, our household is going multi-generational.  My parents are both giving it a go, and even the tween is getting involved with the Young Writers Program.  That's a great way to NaNo for anyone under 17, because it allows them to set their own word limit. In her case, she's aiming for 10,000 words this month.

So far, I'm way behind with my word count, but that's okay.  If you want to follow what I'm up to, add me as a buddy, I'm Fentonslee.  Don't get too excited about my profile though, my synopsis is a bit silly right now, since I'm not entirely sure where this story is going as of yet.  It reads:
"girl has adventure. things go wrong. it gets interesting. shenanigans and near misses ensue. she gets over foolish things and grows as a person.  or maybe not. you never know."

So hop on in, and join in the fun. Create a little. Write like nobody's reading.  I dare you.

No comments: