Friday, October 07, 2011

Review: Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin



I've been doing the BzzAgent thing for a while now, and it's fun. I get to try new things. Some of them I don't like, some of them I do.  Right now the tween and I are trying out Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin, because I tend to break out fairly easily when I use just about any product on my skin. Sunscreens, moisturizers, cleansers, anything.  I end up using water and rubbing alcohol on my face, except in the winter when that's far too drying and I can try something like Oil of Olay for sensitive skin once a week and pray that my skin doesn't go into red and itchy mode, which it often does.

So, it was with some fear and trepidation that I used the facial cleanser for the first time.  I'm a big baby about smells, so I was glad that it didn't have a strong smell. It smelled, well, like Eucerin Calming Cream. It was a light, slightly yeasty smell.  While I live in constant terror of teh yeast- as a nursing mother, thrush is not on my to do list, I'd used other products that smelled the same long enough to not panic.  It didn't sting, so that was a good sign, it seemed to rinse away pretty well and didn't leave my skin feeling tight or tingly, two more good signs.  When I got up in the morning, my skin hadn't gone into freak out mode, so I was happy.  The tween seemed pretty happy with the results too.

In theory, I was supposed to try it with the moisturizer too, and my skin has been getting a bit dry with the turning of the season, so I decided, after I knew the cleanser didn't cause a total skin meltdown (I don't mean like when the Flesh disintegrates on Doctor Who, but rather itching, flaking, or breaking out in pimples or funky rashy bumps) that I could go ahead and try the moisturizer.  Of course, it took the toddler getting his little hands on the container and asking to try it to get me to suck it up and do so.

So I put a little on his fingers and a little on mine and we both put it on our faces.  My skin is still clear, still not itchy, still not flaky, red, or irritated, and toddler is still sweet little baby-faced.

I looked on the Skin Deep site to see how these products rate, but they're not yet listed in database, so I can't tell you all the finer details I like to list in a skincare product review.  If you have any more information on that topic, please do share.

All in all, I'm fairly pleased with the products, but I suspect the tween will get more mileage than I will, because I'm fairly conditioned not to use a lot of product on my skin.  If you have sensitive skin and want to try something new, I think it's worth giving a go.


Disclaimer- yep, I got to try it for free, though I wasn't required to write a blog review, I just chose to.  I'm not getting paid for this, but you know, I think I should be.  The writing, that is, not so much the reviewing. 

No comments: