Monday, October 03, 2011

NaNoWriMo - Full In.

I did NaNoWriMo in 2006 and 2007.  In 2007 I didn't start until after November 20th, and still managed somehow to finish.  Then in 2008 something happened. The economy soured, we couldn't afford to stay in our home anymore, and we moved in with my husband's mother.

It turns out, she's not a big fan of watching people sit a computer if it isn't "work" related.  She kind of has this notion that if you're not outside of the home with a typical job, then you're not doing anything worthwhile.  So I said "this year, I think I'll skip NaNo." Besides, I argued, my computer had died shortly before moving and it was all just too complicated. I was pregnant and depressed, and it was easy not to do it.

A year later, 2009, I was busily nursing a baby, changing diapers, and dealing with life coming far too fast for me to handle. Good reason to skip it, right?

2010. Baby is walking. Baby is talking. Baby is hard to keep up with. Delightful new computer, but still, not a good year for me.

2011. This is it. I do it this year or forget that I used to write. So I'm going all in.  This is me, doing NaNo this year.  These fingers learned to type so that they can write, and write I'm going to do.  Sure we're sort-of moving that month, but no more excuses.

Want to join me? Sign up at NaNoWriMo for a thirty day whirlwind of writing and fun starting November 1st, and GET WRITING.

No comments: