Friday, August 12, 2011

The Vampire Armand, by Anne Rice


The Vampire ArmandThe Vampire Armand by Anne Rice
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When I first attempted to read this book, I took it back to the library the next morning after only having read about a third of the book.  The librarian asked me if the book was "that good." I sighed and said, "I wonder if she's getting paid by the word these days."

Sadly, Rice's typically lush wording came across as needlessly verbose.  The prose was too dense for me to ever feel fully inside the story.

As a result, it was many years before I could pick up the book again and though I did finish it the second time, I found the tale to be both forgettable and flat in comparison to other Rice novels which still managed to move me.



View all my reviews

No comments: