Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Mote in God's Eye, by Larry Niven


The Mote in God's EyeThe Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My dad started trying to get me to read this book while I was in high school. He told me it was one of the best science fiction books he'd ever read, and I didn't believe him. I finally read it about 13 years later.
It turns out, he was right.
The Mote in God's Eye is an exceptionally well thought out science fiction novel. I liked that although the science, technology, and other worlds make up a great deal of the book, the social and implications for humanity remain forefront throughout the novel.  The main characters and even the secondary ones have distinct and interesting personalities, and are generally likable.
A highly enjoyable treatment of first-contact, I highly recommend it to any of you who haven't yet gotten around to it.


View all my reviews

No comments: