Saturday, March 05, 2011

Pink Saturday: Color Me Pretty

I love sugar skulls. I love the life in death in life and art mimicking death and life imitating art aspects of them.  As a result, I follow some exceedingly talented artists online who specialize in this sort of art.
One of them, Wenchkin, recently hosted a coloring competition.  Since I'm a five year old at heart, I happily busted out my favorite photoediting program and entered with giddy glee.
This is the picture we had to color:
Cool, isn't it?
This is what I did with it.
I decided to go spacey with it, because that's how I roll. If you haven't noticed, I geek harder than I rock.

Well, the model picked my picture as the winner, and so I got my own picture sugar-skull-ified by the very talented Wenchkin.  
I sent her this photo as a reference:
Ooh, pretty.
And this is what she came up with:
Absolutely amazing, isn't it?
And since I'm essentially still a five year old, I decided I needed to color it in too, with the same photo editing program, and this is what I came up with.
That was a lot of fun.

In any case, when the tween sees this, she's going to be very jealous, and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

If you want to see more of Wenchkin's art, check out her Facebook page.
For more Pink Saturday, check out How Sweet the Sound.




2 comments:

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Well, photo editing is great and I am always amazed about the artistic results!

I really like how it turned out and the bright colours.


~ Gabriela ~

Slee said...

Thanks! It was a lot of fun.