Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Try It Tuesday: Pudding

I know, I know, you can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat, but... I've got a sick kidlet who wants pudding.  So, being away from home and without anything nice and "instant" I found a pudding recipe and modified it a touch.  So I'm going to go make pudding, and I thought you'd like to try it along with me.

2 cups milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar (turbinado in my case)
3 TBS cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract (be sure to capitalize your Vanilla, as it is sacred)
1 TBS butter

Mix your sugar, corn starch and salt in the bottom of a sauce pan.

Slowly decant the milk into the pan while stirring constantly until the dry mixture is dissolved evenly into the milk. Turn on your burner and heat on medium until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, do NOT boil.

Remove from heat and stir in Vanilla and butter.

Pour into serving dishes and put them in the fridge.  Let them chillax a bit before serving.

So you go try it with me, and I'll try it, and then tell me how you might change it up and how it turned out.  Go forth, cook. Be joyous, and I've heard you can do it with non-milky milks, but I don't know if it works so well with no-milk-butters.

No comments: